A look back at the last week in the life of a fun sized person....
Last Monday I had coffee, well chai actually, with my bestie T before she headed to Denver for a month for a med school rotation. If I go to Mozart's again, I need to remember that I do not like their chai. It was fun to watch the turtles swim in Lake Austin and catch up, especially since we haven't seen each other since her wedding at the end of June!!
After work on Tuesday, I had a meeting at church to work on planning our October 21st forum [Two Christian Visions for America: Public Policy Through the Lens of Faith]. If you live in Austin, I'd love for you to come!!!
Wednesday after a full day of work, I met up with T and N to have our monthly potluck dinner. These are super fun because we pick what we will each make and then prepare it at whoever's house we meet up for dinner. I really like this because it allows for more chatting. :) Last week I made Chicken Kiev (another pinterest inspiration....).
(pinterest photo)
The photo is deceiving!!! That is not mozzarella cheese, it's a slab o' butter! I happen to really like cheese, so I cut out most of the butter and put half a cheese stick in there. T made roasted brussels sprouts, very tasty if I may say so and N made a mushroom pesto pasta. We need to take photos of our creations. If you girls are reading this, remind me next month.
On Thursday, one of Scott's aunt and cousin stayed with us. The cousin starts his sophomore year at UT this week and they stayed with us the night before he moved into Jester (the huge dorm). We enjoyed dinner at Chuy's.
Friday was a nice relaxing day. The only big thing we did was to take a motorcycle ride to Torchy's for a mini date for lunch. mmmmm Torchys.
Weekends are lovely. We caught up with our friends that live in California now using Google video chat. Pretty neat. My good friend L who lives in Sugar Land now brought two of her friends to the Le Garage Sale here in Austin. I was able to meet up with them for Magnolia Cafe queso. We then headed over to Mt. Bonnell, but took a detour to visit with the peacocks at Mayfield Park. Never been there in all my years here in ATX. We ended the visit at Mozart's. I didn't get a chai if you were wondering.
albino peacock
Mayfield park
preening peacock
Lake Austin
lovely ladies at Mt. Bonnell
downtown ATX!
an Amy Renee sandwich!
Side notes of life:
-Lately I've been in organization mode at the house. This past weekend I tackled the pantry. It is not the best pantry for a short person with short arms. Cannot wait to redo the shelving, but it will work for now. I realized I didn't take a before photo. Oops. Looks better than what it was...
-We don't have a campus minister currently, but were super excited yesterday that we had 17 students stay after church for a program! I would love for this to continue!








No comments:
Post a Comment