The past week or so I have gone through my pinterest "Foods to Make" board and made a few dishes after being inspired. First up was Orzo with Parmesan and Basil. I will be making this again! I got to use some fresh basil from the garden!
The photo above is a shot of a meal with the orzo side dish. Roasted broccoli, spice rubbed pork chops, and the parmesan orzo. I really should learn how to photograph food and make it look tastier. Sorry.
Another new to us dish was Zucchini-Rice-Black Bean Skillet. I didn't take a photo of my interpretation of it, but here's a picture from the website. Modifications to this dish included brown rice, hatch chilies, half a pound of ground turkey, and spices like cumin to give it more taste. It's a good dish to take to work for lunch the next day!
Next up was a treat for me. A healthy snack-Frozen Nutty Banana Nibblers! These are really tasty and I'm not a huge fan of yogurt, unless it is frozen like ice cream... I like how you can make a batch and then snack on them from time to time. (photo from pinterest)
Last night I made Easy Parmesan Zucchini and it was really good. After slicing up a large zucchini, I sprayed the slices with butter flavored cooking spray and sprinkled with shredded Parmesan rather than grated. This is a great dish if you want a new veggie idea!!! I just might make more tonight.
Baked chicken marinated overnight in Stubb's Chicken Marinade, mashed cauliflower (with cheese), and the easy parm zucchini
What's for dinner tonight??
The photo above is a shot of a meal with the orzo side dish. Roasted broccoli, spice rubbed pork chops, and the parmesan orzo. I really should learn how to photograph food and make it look tastier. Sorry.
Another new to us dish was Zucchini-Rice-Black Bean Skillet. I didn't take a photo of my interpretation of it, but here's a picture from the website. Modifications to this dish included brown rice, hatch chilies, half a pound of ground turkey, and spices like cumin to give it more taste. It's a good dish to take to work for lunch the next day!
Baked chicken marinated overnight in Stubb's Chicken Marinade, mashed cauliflower (with cheese), and the easy parm zucchini
What's for dinner tonight??


Mmm, I might try making that parmesan zucchini!
ReplyDeleteFood is supposedly one of the hardest things to take good pictures of.