We stopped in the Alamo Drafthouse three times - Friday night for the live action shorts, Saturday morning for Spotlight, then on Sunday after church we caught the animated shorts. We have never watched shorts, so that was fun to view was up for awards. I still have not decided which live action I want to win - they were all great. We have seen almost all the Oscar best picture nominations for 2016. It is dangerous for Alamo to be in the neighborhood - they take all our monies :)
On Saturday night, we drove up to Cedar Park to take the Austin Steam Train's Moonlight and Mimosa train trip to Burnet. It was so much fun to taste some mimosas while taking a 60 or so mile round trip journey. They have a couple themed trips this year that I would like to check out. I would also love to go during the day so we can see the hill country! It was quite dark, so spent the time conversing with our table mates and learning about the train and journey from one of the conductors/hosts.
The steam train is out for restoration, so we were pulled along with a diesel engine locomotive. Check out the restoration page. We definitely want to take a ride with it once the restoration is complete! See below for a few photos from the journey.
![]() |
| view from the breezeway - cannot see much at night |






No comments:
Post a Comment