Monday, January 4, 2016

Cooking with Amy

Wow.  It has been basically a year since I've been on here.  Maybe one of my resolutions should be to share more on here.  I'll get to work on that now.  Below is a post that was in draft until today.  

Thought I would post since I do remember these dishes being tasty.

Sorry no pictures to share the smells.

It has been quite chilly (for us!) here in Austin the past couple of weeks.  The other weekend I made a delicious Chai Spice Butternut Squash Soup.  It made a TON.  One thing I might change is use broth rather than water - I do wonder if that would interfere with the chai-y flavor though.

This past weekend my father in law was in town and I tried out three new dishes in one meal. Thanks to him and the hubby for letting me test all on them.  The Parmesan Baked Pork Chops turned out very well.  They were tasty and simple to prepare.  I love risotto and bacon and cheese.  The Cheddar Bacon Risotto turned out perfect.  I think asparagus is my favorite veggie.  Wrapped in prosciutto and grilled, yes please.  The only tweak I did for this dish was to grill on my Griddler. yuuuum!!!  I will definitely be keeping all these dishes on the back burner to make in the future.

What have you made lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spain/Andorra Girls Trip - March 2026

A friend and her family moved to Madrid for a bit so we decided to book a girls trip. I got to work planning and we decided to meet in Barce...