Next big trip for 2014 turned out to be India in October!! S had a chance to work in India for 3 weeks so we decided that I would fly over at the end and take a train trip. There is now a direct flight from Austin and London! The London fog threw a wrench into things, but I did make it to India in time to meet up with S so we could catch the train. The Indian Panorama tour with Maharajas' Express was absolutely fabulous. It truly was a luxury train and the staff literally rolled out the red carpet for us.
Highlights for me were:
- Elephant polo, yes I rode an elephant and played polo
- private tour of Taj Mahal followed by a champagne breakfast overlooking one of the wonders of the world
- Seeing a tiger in the wild
- Silk weaving factory and a Ganges river cruise
- Watching the country go by on the train
Check out the album to see the vibrant country of India.
Next trip was stateside to Los Angeles to meet up with our friends living in San Diego in November. A long weekend is a good length of time to grasp a taste of the huge city, but I would love to go back and see more. I thoroughly enjoyed walking through downtown, the Getty Museum and getting a pic in front of the Rose Bowl (yay Horns!). Here is the album to chronicle the trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment