Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Year of the Traveling Amy (2014)

Ok ok trying to play catch up and post the drafts I had lined up last year....

How to chronicle such an amazing year?!  It was truly amazing to be blessed with the ability to participate in so many journeys.

The first adventure was to take my best friend S on a day trip to the Texas Hill Country where we hiked around Enchanted Rock and stopped by Fredericksburg.








February was a pretty low key month.  Stuck within ACL (Austin City Limits).  March came and S's parents came in to help work on the workshop.  I got to take a fun girl's trip to Baltimore to visit my other best friend T.



Ft. McHenry - where Star Spangled Banner was written




aquarium



playing in the snow

we're leaving on a jet plane

We took a weekend trip to Longview to visit my family in early April.  I am so very glad we did because I was able to see Memaw one last time.  S's cousin got married at a neat park in Houston on April 12th.  I know the date because that is when Memaw passed.  Alzheimers is nasty.  While it was sad to lose her, we got to spend time with family we have not seen in ages.

proud of the bouquet I made for the bride!


love this photo with B

Back in Longview

grandkids

beautiful azaleas
Sadly the day after we returned to Austin, we learned that S's granddad passed away.  So we then traveled up to Hereford to say our goodbyes.  The bright side of this is that we were with a ton of family for Easter.  Our church group was so great during this time.  They gave us a plant in honor of our grandparents.  It is still sitting in our entry way as a lovely reminder.

a DQ cone in honor of Grandad
remembrance plant


May was a much better month.  First off, S accepted a job at Google!  It is his dream job.  He had a guy's trip to the NYC area before flying cross country for his training in Silicon Valley.  The weekend between training weeks, I flew out to check out San Francisco.  A sampling of the many photos I took on our adventures there.


biking across Golden Gate Bridge


our wonderful guides!



earned ice cream from our ride

Lombard Street

Stanford

Alcatraz



The next travel escapade deserves its own blog post - rafting through the Grand Canyon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spain/Andorra Girls Trip - March 2026

A friend and her family moved to Madrid for a bit so we decided to book a girls trip. I got to work planning and we decided to meet in Barce...