Sunday, September 30, 2012

King Family Visit

The King family rolled into town the weekend before my bday to help me celebrate a new milestone.  They arrived super late and I admit I was sleeping rather than welcoming them to our house.  Since I got more sleep, I was the first one up. I EVEN BEAT DAD UP! Just as I was returning from a run, my dad was leaving the house to do the same. He asked if I wanted to go again, but I did not want to attempt the huge hill back to our house,so I stayed.

S and I put my parents to work.  My brother got out of manual labor because he had 4 tests to study for the next week.  The project de jour was redoing our side yard and general yard maintenance.  I mowed while mom pulled the grass/weeds from the slope.  We had to stop before the guys returned home for a party.

Mom and I had to get cleaned up for my old roommate's bridal shower.  Crazy thing is that I grew up with her cousins back in Longview.  It was such a lovely shower.  Less than a week before her big day!


The guys were out borrowing a tiller and made a run to the Home Depot to finish up the project.  They tilled and then planted the baby plants.  The three bags of mulch they bought did not go far at all!  I'll post more on this project later.

My bro gave me my gift before we left for dinner.  I got a cane and an old lady sleeping cap.  I have the sweetest brother!!

After the fun you see above, we headed to dinner at Trattoria Lisina.  My best friend growing up also got to come!  She is basically part of the family and like a sister to me.  Dinner was DELICIOUS!!!  If you get a chance to go to this place, I recommend it.  We ate family style-ordered some appetizers and 5 entrees for us to share.
 We were so hungry it seems as if we forgot to take a photo of all the delicious dishes!  At the end since it was my bday, our waitress brought me gelato.  oh my it was huge!!  It took a collective effort to make a dent.
giant gelato

We finished the evening at Waterloo watching the Texas game.  We won!  On Sunday after church, the guys watched football while mom and I tackled an organization project in the study and guest rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spain/Andorra Girls Trip - March 2026

A friend and her family moved to Madrid for a bit so we decided to book a girls trip. I got to work planning and we decided to meet in Barce...