S and I traditionally go to Fredericksburg for my birthday weekend. We changed it up a bit this year because we were there in June and beginning of September. This time we tried out Wimberley. It is a cute town west of San Marcos in the Hill Country.
We drove the back way to get there on a super windy road through Driftwood. We arrived before we could check into our room so we walked to the square for lunch and to wander through the shops. There are some neat antique shops and many others on the square. We tested out a wine tasting room too....
Post shopping, we sat by Cypress Creek and watched some little kids feed the ducks and the turtle swim about. The cypress trees lining the creek are monstrous! Too bad my camera was being fixed so this is a photo-less post.
After checking in and a little rest, we took off to Wimberley Glass Works. Wow. We caught the most of the last glass blowing demonstration of the day. The owner made a glass vase. Amazing to watch. Those watching were able to chat with him later. I learned that it takes $500 an hour to run the furnace etc. That high energy cost rolls over to the items..... Needless to say, we looked and didn't buy the vases and such. I highly recommend visiting here if you are in the area.
On our way back to the square area, we stopped in an antique store on RR 12. Jeannette's or something like that. I had so much fun looking through all the rooms at all the stuff. I wanted to get quite a few things, but settled on a small Pyrex container like my mom's while I was growing up.
I had some chicken fried steak for dinner as we watched college football! Our Longhorns had a bye week, but we enjoyed watching the other games.
On Sunday morning, we slept in and then visited Wimberley Valley Winery on our way home. The facility is gorgeous and the wines they produced were very reasonably priced.
It was fun to visit a new little town!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spain/Andorra Girls Trip - March 2026
A friend and her family moved to Madrid for a bit so we decided to book a girls trip. I got to work planning and we decided to meet in Barce...
-
Decided to take a girls trip with my cousin E while R was on a trip with his dad. I had three ideas to choose from and she chose Budapest/Br...
-
Sunday, not a day of rest for the G’s. S slept in while I stuffed myself with a super tasty breakfast. I forgot how much I love French toas...
-
We landed in Perth around 1pm local time. This trip had so many time changes our bodies were a bit confused sometimes, especially in Austr...
No comments:
Post a Comment