Saturday we slept in and then drove over to Fredericksburg and made it just in time for lunch at Mahaley's Cafe with S's parents. We had to stuff our food down so that we made it to the WWII reenactment on time. The Nimitiz museum (National Museum of the Pacific War) is an amazing place to visit. My papaw was in the Navy during WWII so I love learning about this time period. The reenactment was at the Pacific Combat Zone area of the museum.
We were introduced to American and Japanese weapons.
This dog is a vet!
Kid trying on all the USMC gear from WWII
Machine gun demonstration
After introducing the audience to the weapons of the war, there was a 15 minute or so reenactment of the capture the Pacific island of Tarawa.
tank
I loved how the commander had a cigar in his mouth the whole battle.
Feel the heat!
Some of the people in this shot are current US Marines. Thank you for all you do protecting our freedom and our country!
Next up was Becker Vineyards. I got to stomp grapes!! I've always wanted to do that. You could purchase a shirt for the occasion and then stain it with grape juice. I'll save myself $25 thankyouverymuch and stomp for free.
Stomping away: action shot
Becker 2012 barrels
vats
the tasters
We were introduced to American and Japanese weapons.
This dog is a vet!
Kid trying on all the USMC gear from WWII
Machine gun demonstration
After introducing the audience to the weapons of the war, there was a 15 minute or so reenactment of the capture the Pacific island of Tarawa.
tank
I loved how the commander had a cigar in his mouth the whole battle.
Feel the heat!
Some of the people in this shot are current US Marines. Thank you for all you do protecting our freedom and our country!
Next up was Becker Vineyards. I got to stomp grapes!! I've always wanted to do that. You could purchase a shirt for the occasion and then stain it with grape juice. I'll save myself $25 thankyouverymuch and stomp for free.
Stomping away: action shot
Becker 2012 barrels
vats
the tasters
family shot
After wine tasting and grape smooshing at Becker, we headed over to Woodrose Winery for a glass of wine and a platter of cheese & crackers. We concluded the day on Main St hunting down a place to eat. Auslander, our regular dinner place, was super packed so we decided to eat at Fredericksburg Brewery instead. Weinersnitchel is tasty :) On the way home we listened to our Horns win the season opener!
We spent Labor Day lounging and at the Home Depot. We are about to re-landscape our side yard so be on the lookout for a post once we finish. I was all gungho to plant our new plants until I realized how hot it was out Monday afternoon. Plants are not in the ground yet...
Our neighbors invited us over for burgers to celebrate the holiday. They were so good! B topped each burger with bacon preserves and blue cheese. Bacon preserves you say? You can find it at HEB and I want my own jar. The first ingredient is bacon! I don't remember the name of the brand or have photo evidence of the deliciousness, sorry.
What did you do for the holiday weekend?
After wine tasting and grape smooshing at Becker, we headed over to Woodrose Winery for a glass of wine and a platter of cheese & crackers. We concluded the day on Main St hunting down a place to eat. Auslander, our regular dinner place, was super packed so we decided to eat at Fredericksburg Brewery instead. Weinersnitchel is tasty :) On the way home we listened to our Horns win the season opener!
We spent Labor Day lounging and at the Home Depot. We are about to re-landscape our side yard so be on the lookout for a post once we finish. I was all gungho to plant our new plants until I realized how hot it was out Monday afternoon. Plants are not in the ground yet...
Our neighbors invited us over for burgers to celebrate the holiday. They were so good! B topped each burger with bacon preserves and blue cheese. Bacon preserves you say? You can find it at HEB and I want my own jar. The first ingredient is bacon! I don't remember the name of the brand or have photo evidence of the deliciousness, sorry.
What did you do for the holiday weekend?




















No comments:
Post a Comment