The week started off with lots of laundry and then the assembling of outfits allll over the bed. Wish I had a photo of that explosion. It was hard to figure out what to bring on a two week trip to the Middle East plus a couple of days in Rome followed by a Mediterranean cruise. A friend from childhood provided guidance on attire in Bahrain. S let me purchase some new skirts for the journey! Thank goodness because my knee length skirts were all black! Monday was packing/laundry day as well as our first anniversary! S brought home our special champagne and some peonies. I also was able to see a dear friend for dinner. Sorry about the leftovers!
bridesmaids and the bride at rehearsal dinner
Tuesday began with meeting with the lovely bride bright and early at 8am for some coffee, chai in my instance, to go over the wedding week schedule and share that will all the proper parties. Next up was a resume teleconference with the Texas Exes. Good class. Now all I need to do is work on that during my downtime here in Bahrain. Worked right after the phone call up until 6pm. I then rushed home to finish making dinner for our dear friends that will be moving back to Cali while we’re away. Thank goodness for Crockpots and Pinterest! Cilantro Lime Chicken was on the menu for the evening. S and our friends arrived home just as I put water on to boil rice. It was an evening S and I will always treasure and we look forward to future travels and adventures with those guys.
Wednesday began early yet again with work all day. I got to play again after work with T (the bride) and L (the other matron of honor). We made the seating cards for the reception while enjoying pizza and sangria. T knows me well and put me in charge of hot gluing flowers to the cards rather than showing off my less than stellar penmanship. S worked really late and arrived home just as I did. He and his coworkers had been working really hard all week getting ready for their trip.
Manicures and pedicures were on the agenda for the Thursday morning, rehearsal day. I’m impressed my nails (shellac) have lasted so well so far and it’s been over a week. The bride, sister of the groom, and I picked up some last minute items before heading over to the groom’s place to work on the special dance routine for the wedding party. Only about half of the people in the dance were present, but we got a rough dance sketched out. The DJ had mixed 5 or so songs together and each group would have about 30 seconds of a dance to do leading up to the announcement of Mr. and Mrs. H. Next up was to primp for the rehearsal and rehearse out at Vintage Villas. Dinner was in a private room at Z’Tejas. The adorable ring bearer's family stayed with us. It was good to catch up a little with my old roomiebud from college.
The wedding day started with me taking a much needed run despite the yucky heat. S and I finished packing and we each put all our stuff in respective carry ons. Go me! I have learned to try and always travel with a carry on. On the way to the venue I picked up my last chai for awhile. The bridesmaids and the bride had a fun time getting ready all afternoon. My big duty for the day was to make sure the dress was laced up properly. Thankfully I had been to the tailor to learn beforehand, easy peasy. The ceremony was lovely. The other MOH was actually able to use me to help shade her from the sun. Ha. Photos were super fun post ceremony. We had picked up hot pink sunglasses for the ladies for the day. T’s signature color is PINK! I got T all bustled up and ready for her big entrance with A. The dance was hilarious! S had my camera to capture the moment, but the battery died in the middle of my number. I’m sure someone else got the whole thing. After dinner, I gave my first toast. Boy was I nervous! Hope I made sense. I used to do tours all day in front of strangers and this made me so much more nervous. We danced the night away and sent the couple off with sparklers as they jumped into a sweet old Cadillac. Congrats!
bridesmaids
me and the beautiful bride!!
me and my "roomiebud"




No comments:
Post a Comment