Rise and shine! That phrase reminds me of my sweet memories of Day Camp growing up. Which happened to be this same week. After waking much earlier than wanted on a Saturday, S and I headed out to one of our favorite places in Texas, Fredericksburg! We were celebrating our friend T’s bday [not the "T" that got married last night mind you]. We had made a point to stop at a place we knew had breakfast tacos aaaand we missed it so we had to deal with yucky chicken fajita tacos further down the road. I’d recommend skipping those. First stop was Becker Vineyards followed by Grape Creek. I’ve lived in Austin for quite sometime and have somehow avoided buying food from a food truck. Well today I picked up a tasty crepe. We stayed at our favorite B&B - Inn on the Creek, but in a different room this time. We still love the place, but will make sure to get a suite with a shower rather than a tub. The group walked up and down Main Street (Hauptstrasse) before dinner. Next we checked out Hondo's. Next time I’m bringing my dancing boots. We heard two great live music performances that day.

Becker Vineyards
the ladies @ Becker-bday girl in the middle
Music and Dancing at Hondo's
No comments:
Post a Comment