Sunday, June 11, 2017

Brian Wilson at ACL Live and ROT Rally 2017

W welcome bubbles


I finally got to check out Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater (ACL Live)!  We saw Brian Wilson perform his Pet Sounds album plus a ton of Beach Boys hits.  We got a sweet deal to stay at the W for a staycation.  It was especially nice since the theater is attached!  The concert was amazing!  There is not a bad seat in the house.













This weekend was the annual Republic of Texas (ROT) Rally weekend.  I believe it is the 32nd one and was our third rally.  We met up with our friend Roberto and rode in the parade with him as we snaked from the rodeo grounds to downtown.  It is so cool that there are thousands of bikes parked in the middle of Congress Ave.  My favorite part of the parade is waving at all the people along the route.  Scott said I was smiling the whole time as I waved.  Wonder if that is how the Queen feels :)  This year a lady was giving away candy we could throw to the kids along the way.  So fun!  I will grab more next time.

sunset 



ready to roll
staging area

we seem to be in the same area every time
burnt orange sunset behind the capitol

bikes on Congress

bikes leading up to the capitol

Met up with our friend Joey after we parked the bike and at pizza at Second Bar and Kitchen.  Checked out a couple more places before turning in for the night.  Had a lovely view from our hotel room the next morning.


After trading Bandit (the bike) for my car we headed out to the ROT grounds to check out the vendors, show bikes and biker games.

barrel racing




spokes are made of wood

Right before we left, the stunt guy had his bike jump a good ways.  I will be honest that I was a tad disappointed because we heard he was supposed to jump two helicopters as their blades spun.  Not sure what happened in the communication with that, but still the guy has way more guts than me to do that jump.

Austin skyline


After roasting outside all day we came home to a house with AC that was not working well.  Thank goodness the AC guy was able to come out today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spain/Andorra Girls Trip - March 2026

A friend and her family moved to Madrid for a bit so we decided to book a girls trip. I got to work planning and we decided to meet in Barce...