Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Visit to the Wildflower Center

April Fools was no joke for me this year - I enjoyed the beautiful scenery at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center!  This is one of my favorite things/places in Austin.  That day I wondered around checking out the spring flowers with one of my oldest friends.

As we walked in after becoming members of the center, we were welcomed by a cute mamma owl.  Someone mentioned there is an owlet up there, but I was too short to see it.

Owl is hard to see to the right of the yucca
We wondered through the new arboretum, small garden plots, walked up the tower, and then around the meadow trail taking in all the pretty sights.

Below are a few highlights of photos and here is a link to my photo album from our visit.


checking out the swings

tower to look around the property

beautiful columbines

exhibit to show how karst limestone formations "holds" water in aquifers

almost albino bluebonnets



Hope you can visit this beautiful place if you have not had the chance!  I'm glad we became members so we can come back for free anytime within the next 12 months!!  Plus it is in our neighborhood so is super close!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spain/Andorra Girls Trip - March 2026

A friend and her family moved to Madrid for a bit so we decided to book a girls trip. I got to work planning and we decided to meet in Barce...