The first weekend of August we headed up I-35 (aka Fury Road as my brother likes to call it) to Grapevine for the annual G family reunion. That Friday was the opening day of the Olympics. Between hanging out with all the family and going to bed I managed to see some highlights (Team US walking in the stadium and the Olympic torch being lit).
Saturday late morning the family made our way over to Lake Grapevine to hang out at one family's home and play in the lake if we choose. My bro stopped by and we did stand up paddle (SUP) for a bit.
After returning to the hotel, we all gathered in the reserved room where the annual talent show took place. Then we played games, ate snacks, and chatted until late in the night. My nieces are so talented!!!
 |
| magic show |
 |
| he played at our wedding :) |
 |
| Irish dancing |
Late the next morning we sadly had to part ways with everyone.
The next weekend we did a day trip to see Grammy in Houston! I brought some surprise visitors too!
 |
| bird in the aviary in the retirement home |
 |
| dinner with everyone |
So glad we were able to visit Grammy and see her new room! Our drive home was a tad hairy. As we left Houston a giant storm rolled in and I was going about 45mph (if that) on I-10 toll lane while gripping the wheel. Rain cleared up and it was an easy drive back.
No comments:
Post a Comment