Monday, May 6, 2013

April Shower

The month ended with another shower, but this time is was a couple's shower for my cousin.  Since S and I had to head north different days, I booked a one way ticket to DFW.

Saturday morning I made brunch with one of my best friends growing up!  We made fresh mimosas, scrambled eggs, and hashbrowns.  Very tasty.

After brunch, I made my way over to my aunt and uncle's house to start setting up for the shower.  The other matron of honor made it up from Houston with a margarita machine (restaurant grade) and a chocolate fountain.  My thing to bring was glowsticks for the drink coolers that I forgot to put in until the very end.  Oops.  I was even careful and squished them into my liquids bag for the flight!!



Everything turned out great!  It was a stock the bar themed party so people brought gift items to stock the couple's bar.  We gave them a bottle of Becker and whisky rocks.
the showered couple

Another childhood friend!

the cousins

drinkin' the chocolate
On Sunday after a run at the park, S, his dad, and I went on a 5 mi walk along the Trinity River.

can you see the bobcat?

On the way home, we stopped in Waco to take my brother shopping for his graduation present -  shirts and ties.  He has a real job lined up after he graduates from Baylor. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spain/Andorra Girls Trip - March 2026

A friend and her family moved to Madrid for a bit so we decided to book a girls trip. I got to work planning and we decided to meet in Barce...