Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving

This year we celebrated turkey day with the Gepperts in Arlington. The whole crew was in town!

On Wednesday early afternoon, S picked me up at the office as we headed out of town.  Five hours later we finally rolled into Arlington.  I needed a glass of wine after that nasty traffic.  That journey usually takes us 3 hours.

Thursday around lunch we popped over to visit the Hebsons over in FTW and see them for the afternoon.  I still love them even though their Horned Frogs beat my Horns that night. =)
the ladies


I am not a wake up early to take part in Black Friday type of person.  I slept in instead and had a nice run at the park.  We also took our nieces to the River Legacy Park to the new playground area.  We did a lot of swinging and most of the group played hide-n-go seek.  The park was a wildlife/forest theme.
posing by the bobcat

notice the no grownups allowed sign

a friendly bee

cool netting walk way

K posing in the dino bones
We also played games and helped the older girls create turkeys from oreos.

making some turkeys

the finished product

It was finally time to hit the road home.  Thankfully, it was shorter this time.
one last photo with our nieces

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spain/Andorra Girls Trip - March 2026

A friend and her family moved to Madrid for a bit so we decided to book a girls trip. I got to work planning and we decided to meet in Barce...