Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November Updates

Hmm.  It's been a bit since I've updated.  What have I been up to?

Well my massage therapist retired :(  I'm going to miss her but I'm excited for her new journey.  I've tried a new lady and she's pretty good!

Date nights.  S and I got fancied up and went to Satellite in our neighborhood.  It was so fun!  We had a really nice 4 course meal for a reasonable price.  Another night we saw the new James Bond movie Skyfall!  If you haven't seen it, I would recommend that you do.  That sparked an interest to watch all the Bond movies.  This past Friday we watched Dr. No.

Work things:
Baby Shower - I made these cookies.  The batter tasted pretty good.  Baked, I'm on the fence.
Novogive! - We had a food drive team competition.  The ROA team didn't win, but the CAFB (Capital Area Food Bank) did!!!  We raised over 5000 pounds for them!
Thanksgiving lunch: I made a sweet potato bake.  Problem was I tripled the recipe aaaand it took forever to cook all the way. 
Novorun group.  A couple of people started a running group that meet up weekly after work.  I tried it out last Thursday.  I'm proud of myself for running 3.5 miles! 
ROA team building @ the Goodnight.  Was super fun!  We beat the research team so we get a free lunch :)

On the running thought, I've been trying to get more exercise in because I have not been a good girl about that lately.  The time change made me not want to run because it get dark soooo early!  To accomplish this goal, I've been getting up earlier than normal.  I've been rewarded with sunrises like this:
I've also tried decorating more for the holiday season.  Since I'm not that into Halloween, I didn't really decorate.  BUT, here is our Thanksgiving table.  I got use use a new tablecloth and leaf mats!  We had some friends over and I got to use the decor and I made a yummy crockpot dish. Funny thing was that I made way too much food and had to borrow a neighbor's crockpot to save the day.  Had to do that again this past weekend with a soup...  No worries, I've added a bigger one to my Christmas list.
Honey Apple Pork Loin
Other updates since the last one.  My friend N had her adorable little baby C right before Halloween!  She is precious and I'm so happy I've been able to visit several times.

Don't eat too much turkey and have an amazing time with friends and family this holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spain/Andorra Girls Trip - March 2026

A friend and her family moved to Madrid for a bit so we decided to book a girls trip. I got to work planning and we decided to meet in Barce...