Sunday, February 16, 2020

Travel Themed Nursery

We converted the guest room to the nursery to make way for the arrival of little one.  It's travel themed and with navy/gray/white as the colors.

The crib is a cute mini one from a cousin.  The mattress is one recommended by a best friend that is also a pediatrician.  Make sure you know if your crib is regular or mini-sized.  I registered for regular sized sheets and mattress before we assembled the crib.  Upon assembly, we discovered it was a mini-crib!


trapped pregnant lady
assembling the map and glider
Gramma J made the cute blackout curtains.  Dr. Seuss map is from Longview shower.  Small table by bookshelf from At Home.  I keep a box on the table of handy things for if you are stuck there nursing or rocking baby.  Items include things like snacks, thermometer, chapstick, lotion, baby nail clippers and file, brush and anything else you might find useful. I also always have a water bottle handy.  I originally also had a phone charger at my nursing station, but decided I didn't need it there.

Suitcases and globe are from Home Goods.  Cube storage unit and gray storage bins are from Amazon along with the adorable rug S found.  We ended up removing the rug because I kept tripping on it (despite buying a rubber thing to put under it) which is not good when you are holding a newborn.  Other little decor pieces were collected on travel escapades over the years and some other showers.


Glider from BuyBuyBaby is comfy and much used so far.  I bought two plastic drawers to keep things like sheets, burp cloths, diaper changing pad covers, etc in (and labeled).  One is by the glider and the other tucked under the changing table.  I love the metal world map we found on Etsy.  I originally thought it would be cute over the crib, but then I had visions of baby trying to hang with it so we nixed that idea.

Awesome map on left is forest density map from coworkers!
Since I removed the trip hazard rug, we just put a blanket on the floor for him to play on.  Was helpful early on when they spit up during tummy time it is on something easy to wash.  The cool mist humidifier has been nice too since he has started getting colds.  It's easy to fill and clean out.


Clocks are from At Home - one is set for Hawaii (honeymoon), Home, and Paris (engagement).  The changing table is from Facebook Market place (so much cheaper than buying new!!!).  Love the sweet travel baby mobile from Etsy and the Hatch Baby Rest sound machine/night light.  I went Etsy crazy and also purchased closet clothes dividers, monthly milestone stickers and a cute month blanket.  Diapers, wipes, and bibs are organized in cute boxes from Target.  I also got a mesh crib thing because the baby kept flinging the paci out and got his arm/leg stuck.  Will need to remove soon now that is he pulling up to standing.

The cart on the right is a metal one from my childhood.  I keep a Tupperware box of all the receipts, instructions, registration cards and cards received (on a ring) so they can be referenced easily.  One thing I wish I had done was to put the clothing receipts with the item.  Will make returning easier because we received duplicates or needed to get different sizes.


We have a hamper and two large containers in the corner to corral blankets and stuffed animals.  

Since I am a first time mom, I wanted to document all the milestones for baby in a book.  The best baby book options I found were from Hallmark and I purchased this one.  Amazon did not have a great selection and Etsy ones were expensive or not what I wanted.  We also got recordable books from Hallmark and had grandparents and great-grandparents record themselves reading.  These will be priceless because we lost my grandpa a few months after baby was born.  I am so lucky to have this book as a sweet memory of him.

Hope you had fun reading about our travel-themed nursery!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Spain/Andorra Girls Trip - March 2026

A friend and her family moved to Madrid for a bit so we decided to book a girls trip. I got to work planning and we decided to meet in Barce...