My parents were in town in early February and we put them to work replacing our fence. Dad got to use a jackhammer for the first time. I'm just glad there was another person bigger than me to help S.... Check out the fence rebuild on
S's blog.
Our neighbor's boys came over to come assist. They were helpful for a bit and then I let them go exploring in the attic space. They found my old TV from college - a 13 inch one with a built in VCR. One of the kids came running out to tell me there was this person talking on the TV annnnd..... and we can't get the tape out. I made it over to them and discovered they were watching an old Oprah show I taped back in college! It was hilarious how excited they were about the TV/VCR. Oh yeah, they asked S if they could take the TV apart to get the video out. I clicked stop twice and out popped the VHS. So old school.
Mom helped make the yard look pretty and we tackled the mint plant. This was the plant I thought died during the drought of 2011. Well when rains came the following spring, this sucker resurrected and took over the porch area. S and I picked up a new huge pot to try and contain it.
 |
| mom pulling up the rogue mint |
 |
| migrating mint |
 |
| finished product - a week later - forgot to water... |
Don't worry, we didn't make my parents work the entire time they were here. My best friend growing up came over for dinner. We weren't an extremely lively group as the night went on, but we had some tasty steaks.
No comments:
Post a Comment